14 Top Reasons
To Exercise Daily…
by Porter Shimer
April 16, 2018
Exercise is more critical for basic survival, both physical and mental, Only 30 minutes of moderate physical activity each day are needed to help unleash the cellular angst brought on by inactivity. Bear that in mind as you review the following summary of the proven benefits of exercise:
- Exercise increases circulation by widening blood vessels and even creating new ones, thus reducing risks of heart attack and stroke.
- Exercise lowers blood pressure, a major risk factor for heart attack, aneurysms, glaucoma, and stroke.
- Exercise improves the ratio of good (HDL) to bad (LDL) cholesterol in the blood, thus reducing the risk of heart attack due to arterial blockage caused by the accumulation of plaque on artery walls.
- Exercise helps the body make better use of insulin, thus substantially reducing the risk of type II (adult-onset) diabetes.
- Exercise improves lung function and hence physical as well as mental stamina by increasing the amount of oxygen in the blood.
- Exercise helps bolster the immune system, thus increasing protection against everything from cancer to the common cold.
- Exercise strengthens bones by boosting their uptake of calcium. Exercise helps keep joints healthy, thus reducing the risk of osteoarthritis.
- Exercise helps strengthen the muscles of the lower back, thus reducing the risk of chronic back pain. Exercise tones and strengthens muscles of the arms, legs, and abdomen, thus improving endurance as well as appearance.
- Exercise improves coordination, lowering the risks associated with falling Exercise aids digestion and hence optimal absorption of vital nutrients.
- Exercise helps promote intestinal regularity, thus reducing the risk of cancers of the colon.
- Exercise helps burn body fat and maintain healthy weight, thus boosting energy levels and reducing risks of diabetes, high blood pressure, harmful wear and tear on joints, and even certain types of cancer (i.e., breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men)
- Exercise aids restful, higher-quality sleep.
- Exercise lowers the resting heart rate by increasing the amount of blood pumped by each of the heart’s contractions, thus saving the heart as many as 50,000 beats a day,, and 17 million in a year!
- Exercise also improves the functioning of the mind. The point is that the benefits of exercise are so extensive that there’s something in it for everybody. No matter what condition your body is in, beginning to exercise right now will improve your health and the quality of your life-because you’ll feel better, mentally as well as physically.