Lose 10 Pounds In 8 Days
by Gloria Gibson
A woman came to me two days after her boyfriend finally proposed and wanted me to help her fit into a wedding gown she had just purchased. She was a size 12, but she had bought a size 10 dress because she had gotten a designer original at a great price. She was desperate because the wedding was in eight days, (they were flying to Vegas) and she wanted to be picture perfect. Here’s what I suggested and it worked.
Be sure to start by drinking one gallon of water each day for 8 days.
- Increase your fiber from a 2 to 1 ratio i.e., nuts, apples, shredded wheat/Fiber One cereal or oatmeal.
- Drink a laxative herbal tea ever day. (3 Ballerina Tea is the best – Extra Strength) Let it steep 4 hours before drinking. Drink it straight down, with no honey or lemon. Daily elimination is key to losing weight or inches. If you eat three times a day, you should eliminate three times a day.
- You must have breakfast every morning, even if it’s only a piece of fruit. Recommended fruit – grapefruit, blueberries, apples or pears.
- You cannot eat after 7:00 p.m. If you get hungry, drink some water or eat 5 crackers only.
- During this period you must eliminate all sugar from your diet. No sweet fruit or juices for 8 days. No candy or gum. You can use the sugar substitute Stevia because it’s natural. No coffee or cereal with sugar.
- You must exercise. Cardiovascular (bike, fast walking, treadmill r jogging must be increased by 80% – It must be faster than what you normally do, but not long. 20 minutes at 3.0 speed or above on the treadmill will make a world of difference.
- During this time, you cannot eat any refined flour, which includes cookies, doughnuts and cakes.
- Eat only green vegetables, eggs and fish. No red meat. You must eat as much protein as possible.
- Get eight hours of sleep.
- Workout twice a day. The morning workout should be cardio-vascular for 20 minutes, and you must do cardio workout every day – ie, jog for five minutes, do the treadmill for three minutes, but at a high pace. In the evening, do cardio and workout with free weights doing three sets of 6 reps at least 3 or 4 times a week.
At the end of the eight days, my client who subscribed to everything I told her to do was down a dress size and ended up looking fabulous in her wedding gown. All this formula takes is focus, determination, and discipline. Just think how many dress sizes one could go down in a month if one needed to.