12 Steps To A More Beautiful You!
by Gloria Gibson
- Take a close look at your knees and elbows. If they’re unsightly, you can do a lot to make them look better. For pretty knees and elbows; try rubbing wet table salt on both before you go to bed at night. Finish with your favorite moisturizer or petroleum jelly. You’ll see a noticeable difference in about two weeks. Remember, unattractive knees and elbows can distract from the most gorgeous outfit.
- If you want beautiful white teeth: Use a whitening toothpaste daily. I’ve found Crest Toothpaste with Extra Whitening to be the best. Remember, your teeth are a part of your beauty look. Get your teeth cleaned often. Note: Expensive lipstick does not wear well with teeth discolorations.
- If you get “bags” or dark circles under your eyes, don’t go to bed without applying eye cream under your eyes every night.
- For beautiful lips, put your lip gloss on first and then line your lips with your favorite lip color. Remember, a light covering of Vaseline is the best lip gloss you can use.
- For a slimmer and more contoured look, be sure to wear a body slimmer under all form-fitting attire. They can be found in the Intimate Apparel section in all fine department stores.
- When you buy your favorite perfume, be sure to purchase the body lotion of the same fragrance. Be sure to thoroughly rub your neck, shoulders, chest, and arms with the lotion and then spray on the perfume. It makes the scent last much longer.
- Check your hands for softness. For softer hands: Rub your hands with wet table salt for five minutes and rinse. Again, apply Vaseline every night to your hands or dip your hands in warm oil and rub together thoroughly. Do the same for your feet. Pretty nails with rough hands distract from one’s beauty.
- You can make your own eyelashes look thicker and longer by applying two coats of mascara just to the ends of the lashes. Let dry for a minute or so. Then brush a third coat over the entire lash – and see at the difference.
- Never leave home without mints in your purse. You never know when you’ll need one, and mints are one beauty essential that no woman should be without. An unpleasant mouth odor can destroy a beautiful face.
- Get a pedicure all year round. Don’t just wait for the summer. Pretty feet are a part of a woman’s appeal and you never know when your feet may be on display unexpectedly.
- For softer skin all over your body, spray your body with baby oil after stepping out of the shower, and then dry off with your bath towel. The water mixed with the oil will make your skin baby soft and smooth. Be sure to use a body polisher once a week to get rid of dead skin cells.
- If you wear makeup daily, you should give yourself a weekly facial to thoroughly cleanse your face and pores. Use an almond or oatmeal scrub first, and finish with a mud mask for best results. Your face will feel softer and smoother.