13 Dating Rules
For “The Road”
Read Before Your Next Date
by Jan Pitts
After a lengthy debate about dating with a friend whose brain excels in books, and vanishes at the sight of a handsome male when it comes to dating, I decided to compile a list of common sense “rules” for men and women. It is designed to take some of the anguish out of dating, and make a favorable, indelible mark in the minds of all they encounter.
- You must know what you want! Never trade your preference for an expensive meal or sought-after ticket.
- Don’t adapt to his/her game plan. Have your own, with your own set of rules.
- Look closely with piercing scrutiny for the qualities you want. Don’t be blinded by looks, words, or things.
- Search for his/her capacity to be your friend. This trait is important because ultimately the best relationship is with your friend.
- Don’t accept handouts for attention or affection. Learn to negotiate for your needs and wants. Don’t be too quick to accept whatever is offered for a little companionship
- .Don’t react to everything that is not to your liking unless it crosses your line of principles.
- Observe his/her friends carefully. Like minds usually band together
- Don’t invent a life or fake your credentials. You are who you are…one of a kind. Be proud of it.
- Don’t go against what’s comfortable for you, to do something you don’t want to do. Never stretch yourself to impress or gain approval. It usually produces the reverse effect.
- If he/she is a wolf, and you want a dove, don’t try to make them a dove. Leave him/her be and hold out for what you want.
- If your dad doesn’t like him, tear up the number. Men can usually see through other men. If your mother doesn’t like her…run. Women can always see through other women.
- If your dog doesn’t like your date…be on the lookout for character flaws
- Be sure to listen well and pay close attention. Don’t spend time selling yourself. The person will either like you or they won’t.