Spread the love
8 Ways To
You’re Great To Be With Because…
by Constance Borglow
- You never say what you think a person wants to hear to impress them. Be natural and choose your words carefully before you speak.
- You have a sense of humor. There is nothing more attractive than a person who’s fun to be with. If you’re not already witty…work on it by trying to look at things from the funny side and express it creatively.
- You don’t joke mean. Things should not be said just to get a laugh at someone else’s expense. Funny comments should come as a way to lighten up a conversation or enhance one’s overall presentation. Make sure your comic comments are humorous and not silly or hurtful. Don’t poke fun at the mistakes of others for the sake of a laugh. If you must make someone the object of your humor, always make it you.
- You don’t talk about you and how great you are or how much others admire you or your latest achievements. Humility indicates greatness. Let yours speak for you. What makes a person really interesting is how much they leave out. Learn to build up others rather than yourself.
- You are not a know-it-all who showcases his/her intelligence at every intake of breath by the listener. When you’re smart it comes off natural in normal dialogue. Real smartness is subtle, yet obvious. Keep your conversation simple, but stimulating.
- You are friendly toward everyone. Don’t just converse with those you know. Become known as a person who doesn’t meet strangers.
- You listen when the other person is talking directly to you. Look them in the eye. Look and act interested or better still, look and act like you want them to look and act when you’re talking. Never look away as if you could be doing something better.
- You refrain from critical comments about others. Critical remarks in foreign territory can leave an ugly impression of you. Make your words soft and sweet and you’ll be held in high esteem.