8 Steps To
“She was gorgeous, but when I grabbed her hands, I couldn’t believe how rough they were. A woman’s hands should always be soft.” Jake The Dater
by Gloria Gibson
The way to beautiful skin begins with what you eat. You are truly what you eat, and there are certain foods that enhance the appearance and texture of your skin. They are: Spinach, Peaches, Eggs, Broccoli, Bananas, Okra, Cabbage, Green Peppers, Lettuce, Yellow Turnips, Brussell Sprouts, Zucchini, Carrots, Peas, String Beans, Apricots, Corn, and Potatoes with the skin. At least two of these foods should be included in your daily diet. A vegetable a day does wonders for your skin.
Along with a good diet, one should never let a day go by without six 12 oz. glasses of water, one vitamin E tablet and one cod liver oil tablet. In addition, five brewer’s yeast tablets per day will make your skin smooth and your hair lush.
Other Essentials For Beautiful Skin
- Wash your face daily with liquid face soap with a white cloth.
- A weekly facial scrub – the best scrub for your skin has oatmeal and honey in it. These ingredients combine to give your face a revitalized and polished look. Washing your face alone will not get out the impurities in your skin. You must exfoliate the skin regularly to prevent clogging of the pores.
- Apply pure cocoa butter directly on the skin for any discolorations.
- Once a week, in the shower mix Epsom salt with baby oil and spread all over the body to polish and smooth rough and dry areas. The emphasis with the scrub should be made on the knees and elbows. Rinse off after two minutes. Buy a good moisturizer for your skin. If your skin feels dry two hours after you put on a moisturizer, your moisturizer is not serving you well. A good moisturizer lasts all day. Remember, you usually get what you pay for. Also, a good night cream should be worn to bed every night.
- Don’t rub your eyes. The skin around the eyes is very delicate and rubbing stretches and causes bagging. Put castor oil under the eyes every night to decrease puffiness.
- Rub baby oil or pure coconut oil on wet skin before toweling off. Your skin will feel like silk. Use all over the body.
- A loofah sponge and a pumice stone are two essential “beauty essentials” for the bath. The loofah sponge helps remove dead skin cells from the body and the pumice stone does the same for the feet and more. The pumice stone can help make rough, dry skin feel soft and smooth. Also, never use bar soap in the bath. Liquid soap or bath gels are sudsier, less work and most have moisturizers with skin-softening ingredients.
- After bath…for soft hands, pretty elbows, and beautiful feet, apply petroleum jelly liberally, while the skin is still damp.