by M.K. Allison
As women, we are constantly in a pickle when we’re emotionally attached to the opposite sex. We spend our nights, days and weekends wondering if he cares…feels what we feel…feel what we want him to feel, etc.
We spend breathless moments interpreting, misinterpreting, rationalizing, guessing and hoping the love we want so badly is finally here. But is it? Experience has taught some of us that we certainly can’t go by what he says, because “love words” can be deceiving or non-existent. I was once emotionally stuck to a guy who could only grunt when the subject of his feelings came up, but I knew he loved me when he showed up unexpectedly, in the emergency room at 3:00 in the morning, when my mom had a heart attack, to just sit and hold my hand. Therefore, we must go by what he does or does not do.
Here are some great clues to determine just how fascinated he is.
1. You do most things together. When it comes to spending time with you, he is excuse-free.
2. He calls sporadically throughout the day with no agenda. One key way to tell he’s fascinated, is when he calls and says, “Whatcha doing?”
3. He doesn’t like pets, but he tolerates yours.
4. He never says no to you. This is how you can tell if a guy finds you irresistible.
5. He reads to you and enjoys you to reading to him.
6. He buys you gifts unexpectedly with no occasion attached.
7. He gives you a pet name and uses it often.
8. His friends smile admiringly when they meet you.
9. He’s affectionate in public, introduces you to everyone and holds your hand when you walk together.
10. He brings you stuff (soup, cookies, etc.) and sits with you when you’ve got a cold.
11. He’s disappointed when you have plans that don’t include him.
12. He enjoys cooking for you.
13. He likes to surprise you.
14. He gets off the other call when you call.
15. He waits for you without complaining.
16. He gives up “the guys” for you.
17. He stares at you with a smile on his face.
18. He spends his money on you, and yours.