8 Fun Things
To Do This
by M.K. Allison
1. Ride Out In The Open Air: If you don’t already own a convertible, motorcycle, or bike, rent one for a weekend and drive around the city or through the countryside with a friend or a group of friends. There is nothing like a ride in a convertible car on a warm summer evening.
2. Sleep Under The Stars: Rent a cabin in the countryside for a weekend and invite several friends to join you for swimming, bicycling, hiking, or a BarBQ. Make sure it’s on a lake. Renting a cabin is not an expensive thing and it’s a unique place to have an outdoor party with a bunch of friends. Buy or rent a tent (they’re very inexpensive) and pitch camp with a few friends.
3. Dine Al Fresco: Enjoy outdoor dining at a restaurant located on the water. Great way to enjoy a summer evening with or without a date.
4. Opt For Some Horseplay: Go to the closest racetrack and enjoy the thrill of watching a thoroughbred horse race. It’s an exciting atmosphere to be in. Be sure to place a minimum bet on a horse whose name catches your fancy.
5. Night Noshing: Organize a picnic at the local beach for five or more friends after dusk or dark.
6. Get Aboard: Go sailing in the afternoon. Most cities have places where you can go sightseeing on a tour boat or a speedboat.
7. Put Your Mettle To The Pedal: Go bike riding with a friend on a hot summer night in the downtown area of your city. Take snacks and your favorite beverage to share on one of the many benches designed for you to take a rest.
8. Enjoy A Roller-Coaster Ride: Visit the closest amusement park as often as you can. It’s a great stress reliever.