Spread the love
12 Steps To A Happier You!
by Jan Pitts
Become adept at saying what needs to be said but in polite language. Some will like you…others will fear you, but all will respect you.
- Don’t go near people or situations that appear unhealthy or suspect from a distance. Save yourself some grief. Listen to that inner voice and walk on by.
- Think like this…whatever happens today ends at midnight. I will not carry the past into the next day. And I will not worry about tomorrow. I will greet each day with anticipation for good and with gratitude.
- Don’t look in every dark corner for love or affection. Say to yourself, I will not seek out love. I will let love find me.
- Don’t pretend to be who you are not. Don’t pretend to know what you don’t know. Be yourself and stick by it….and the world will bow to your excellence.
- Don’t just be with anybody for the sake of some companionship. Hold out to be cherished and respected. But remember, respect is inspired…it is not necessarily bestowed. To be held in high regard is usually inspired by the exhibition of good self-esteem.
- Go and “mend the fence” with all those you need to forgive. It will open the floodgates in your life to prosperity, healing, and peace of mind. Don’t forget to atone for your deeds as well. Remember, there is no value in holding a grudge, and you never know who you’ll need on a dark rainy night.
- Choose your words carefully. Words really do have power and can come back to haunt you.
- Don’t care so much about what others think. There is no honor in it. Those who think for themselves are highly revered.
- Don’t take everything personally. Ignore the guy who’s in an impatient mood blowing at you from behind or the grouchy salesclerk. Never waste your anger on a stranger.
- Tell others how you really feel about them. So often, we forget to say, I love you until it’s too late.
- Learn to listen and listen well. We so often hear what we want to hear instead of what’s really being said.