8 Fun Ways To Fitness
by Tom Roche
You can become fit and have fun at the same time if you become motivated to get your body in shape. Motivation is quick to die when enthusiasm peters out and time constraints prevail. However, if you choose an activity you can enjoy, you are more likely to stick with it and whip that body into shape.
Those who are fit and active enjoy reduced risks of cardiovascular disease, better muscle tone and weight control, generally higher feelings of self-esteem and overall well-being. All of this can be accomplished for as little as fifteen minutes a day or thirty minutes, three times a week. All one has to do to keep themselves fit is to exercise regularly and balance the number of calories consumed with the amount of energy expended.
It takes approximately 3600 calories consumed to gain one pound of body weight. Therefore, the key is to find an exercise that burns calories and is fun to do and a diet that reduces calories and fun to eat. A checkup by a physician is essential before beginning any type of new exercise. There are many fitness activities that are fun and burn calories well. They are as follows:
- Brisk walking burns 300 calories per hour.
- Golf burns 300 calories per hour.
- Jumping rope burns 400 calories per hour.
- Aerobic exercise burns 350 calories per hour.
- Bicycling burns 350 calories per hour (moderate pace).
- Tennis burns 450 calories per hour.
- Running burns 600 calories per hour.
- Swimming burns 600 calories per hour.
- Skiing (downhill) burns 600 calories per hour.