10 Things To Never
Say To Your Lover
by Jon Andes
- Watch a guy struggle in a “fix it” situation, exhibit impatience, and then say “let me do it.” Talk about an ego-buster! The words should always be “want some help, honey?”
2. Voluntarily (meaning without being asked) suggest they could stand to lose a few pounds.
3. Compliment the friends/associates of your honey on their physical attributes more than once within their earshot.
4. Refer to any of your past relationships in a melancholy or comparative way.
5. Say stuff like, “what did you do to your hair?” in a disapproving tone. If your opinion is solicited, always mention your preference and not your dislike.
6. Say “we need to talk” or “we have a problem” to a guy. It can quickly shut him down because he hates any hint of conflict on the romance junket. If you need to talk about an issue, it’s best to be creative and set the mood in a conversational tone or do a sneak attack and just jump out with it.
7. Speak negatively or critically about the friends or family of your lover.
8. Bring up past grievances/mistakes and/or errors that have been long-settled, forgiven and forgotten. Let bygones be bygones.
9. Use words of affection you don’t mean. Words are rarely forgotten in relationships and have been known to foster resentment when not used appropriately.
10. Never correct the words or behavior of your honey in the presence of others.