Spread the love
The 12 Steps To Being Social Savvy
by Bonita Bennett
- When one is accompanied by a man/woman (meaning that person is standing by your side) and encounters an acquaintance or a stranger for dialogue of any kind, one should introduce the person. This courtesy keeps the person from feeling left out, awkward or overlooked. It also succeeds in making that person feel regarded.
- Always keep in mind that you are revered or avoided by what comes out of your mouth. Therefore, choose what you say carefully. Make sure your words are quality, sensitive, intelligent, tasteful, respectful, and honorable…and let your words be manifested or realized in your deeds.
- Never judge, criticize or condemn in spoken terms. What you think is a private matter.Never chastise someone else’s child without permission.
- If you don’t wish to answer a personal question for any reason, say…”I don’t wish to answer that question?” Never surrender your comfort level to someone’s curiosity.
- Never ever agree to go anywhere, or do anything you really don’t want to do. Express your true feelings.
- Make it a practice to never dance or move to the tune of someone whose music you know you shouldn’t be listening to.
- Never assume and let it consume your thoughts…or influence your actions. Hold out for the facts before reaching a conclusion on any matter.
- Never speak your accomplishments, achievements, or honors, unless you’re filling out an application or doing a resume. Humility is sexy.
- Never spend your time, energy or money with someone who does not make you feel good as a person.
- Never pretend to be where you are not on the social ladder. And if you are on a high rung, don’t showcase it. Success and social standing speaks for itself.
- If you have to say NO…say it graciously. If said rightly, a NO can sound like a regret with acceptable reason.
- It’s important to look good. But this can be a blur if one’s manners and actions are not in sync with the rest of the picture. Example: An expensive suit does not go well with a filthy mouth or an unclean odor.